About John’s Practice
Couples and relationships are the heart of John’s practice. Infidelity, gaslighting and narcissistic destructive patterns, form a backdrop of understanding toward the healing of relations. Strong, quiet minds. Calm hearts Fully present and loving in relationships. Free of addictions. Without troubling urgency from past traumas. These are outcomes reported by clients.
John Davis is an expert marriage, family and relationship therapist with skill and credentials in addiction and recovery. He is widely renowned for his couples counseling work, getting successful outcomes in most difficult families. He is currently Executive Director of Mental Health Counselor’s Association Palm Beach and a member of Florida Mental Health Counselor’s Association. He maintains a concierge private practice in downtown Delray Beach. Clients come for help with: Couples, family and relationship difficulties, mood disturbances, including anxiety and panic, depression and grief, chronic impulse control issues. John is skilled in trauma resolution and the issues it brings, including PTSD, questions of spirituality and life meaning. John has extensive experience with ADD/ADHD, narcissistic personality, disorder, and other chronic problems. He offers regular parenting consultations for families of young adults.
John is the 2020 Florida Mental Health Counselor’s Outstanding Community Service Award winner. The Palm Beach chapter is the 2022 chapter of the year in the Florida Mental Health Counselors Association
John is a graduate of The University of Georgia at Athens, obtaining his Master’s Degree from The University of West Georgia at Carrolton. In addition to internships in substance abuse and addiction with Hanna McGoey, LMHC in Boca Raton, he completed a three year residency at The Samaritan Center of South Florida in Fort Lauderdale, a non-profit, faith-based, non-denominational counseling center. John’s career as a psychotherapist spans an eclectic blend of personal development methodologies, including including Gestalt, Psychodrama, Cognitive Behavioral and Acceptance Commitment as well as a variety of hypnosis methodologies, including Rapid Trauma Resolution and Eriksonian Hypnotherapy. John is a certified EMDR practitioner working with a broad spectrum of clients, guided by the groundbreaking EMDR work of Dr Francine Shapiro and Dr Bessel Van der Kolk, MD. A lifelong student of meditation, John incorporates mindfulness-based practices into all his work. He is currently President of the Mental Health Counselor’s Association of Palm Beach, a Delray Beach based non-profit dedicated to serving the interests of mental health professionals in Palm Beach, Broward and Dade counties.
- The University of Georgia at Athens
- The University of West Georgia at Carrollton
- Florida Atlantic University at Boca Raton
- St Thomas University at Miami
- Liberty University
- Marriage and Family Counseling Resident, Samaritan Center, Ft Lauderdale FL
- Covey Leadership Consulting internship
- Certified Rapid Trauma Resolution Therapy
- Clinical Hypnotherapy Recurring
- Psychodrama and Gestalt Recurring
- Florida Licensed Mental Health Counselor MH 9306
How do I get started?
Emailing for an appointment starts the process. You’ll be asked to fill out a few pages of required documentation to bring to your first appointment.
I strive to make it easy for our clients to come to counseling and get started. There are a few easy steps to make an appointment. I use email and texting as much as possible and recommend it for as most administrative exchange. Your confidential information will not be shared through any medium without your permission.
Here are the steps:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an appointment. I’ll respond with a few options for appointments from which you can choose. I’ll then send you clear directions to the office along with the few pages of documents you’ll need to review before coming in. You can also review a copy of those documents by clicking here.
- You’ll be waiting downstairs in a generous open area with magazines and and a coffee table. Please NO CELL PHONES while waiting. Text message 561-213-8030 to announce your arrival and I’ll either come get you or text you to come upstairs to the office.
- The first session will be for gathering information and allow us to ask questions of each other. Making sure it’s a “fit” for you is critical. Together we’ll set a clear objective for therapy and agree on a general outlook and timetable for getting done what you need. It is often my experience that just a few sessions can bring substantial relief.
Fees and Payment
Our fees are determined from regular evaluation of local LMHC’s doing similar work, ranging from $220 (50 minutes) to $330 (75 minutes). Please discuss fees with before making an appointment. Credit cards are kept on file for all. Cash and local checks are welcome.
We choose not to accept insurance in order to guard our client’s confidentiality and maintain full control of the course of the work. If appropriate, you are welcome to seek out-of-network reimbursement from your insurance provider by requesting coded receipts.
Each appointment is very important to us, as such, we reserve individual sessions with care and consideration. If for any reason you do not show up for your scheduled appointment, and you have not notified us no less than 48 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session as booked. Please understand that late cancellation fees apply to all but dire emergencies.
Request an Appointment form
Please email email@example.com. John will contact you within 12-24 hours to confirm your appointment.